Yes, you read that right… FOUR years!
It wasn’t that it was a difficult project to do. It was just one of the projects that I procrastinated doing. Once I decided to actually do it, the project only took me a few hours.
I picked this big guy up on a local buy and sell group. It was cheap. (Like, $60 cheap. SCORE)
I saw it and immediately saw the potential. This is a flaw with me. I can see what it CAN be, I just lack the drive to get it there.
This year, we built an amazing deck in our backyard (if you would like to see that, I’ll post a link). This was the perfect time to FINALLY update this outdoor daybed. I figured it was now or never. I even built an area of the deck with this piece of furniture in mind.
Here’s how the project went down…
Summer of 2013:
The first step was to remove the shower curtains from the daybed.
Then I cleaned it up. A quick spray with the pressure washer and it was good as new!
Once it was dry again, I ended up spray painting it. I decided on Grey.
Then it sat for 4 years.
And adding to my to my master project to do list. Also know as “Angie’s big list of things she never gets around to doing”.
Summer of 2017:
The next step was to clean it off with the pressure washer – again.
Once that was done, I needed to build the cushions.
The straps were cracking and brittle. I knew I couldn’t salvage them.
But I needed to be able to have a somewhat solid base for my homemade cushions to sit in.
The easiest way, I figured, was to create a base out of wood and then add the foam and fabric to it.
And here is the before and after.
I can’t tell you how satisfying it is when you complete a project that has been glaring at your for four years. I’m so happy we have a useful and beautiful piece of furniture that I managed to get for less than $100!